Contests and giveaways are great because they allow you to identify your most engaged fans.
A fan who enters a sweepstake to win a meet ’n’ greet is likely to become a loyal, monetized fan.
Also, who doesn’t like to win stuff?
Knowing which of your fans are the most engaged is the key to more efficient marketing, so you should always be giving fans a chance to show their engagement.
In this post, we share some of the learnings we’ve had working with artists on promoting contests, sweepstakes & giveaways.
Our Tips for Promoting Your Contest
- Tease your contest: let your fans know that something cool is happening tomorrow. Tweet it, email your fans, tell your friends.
- Post your contest repeatedly: Facebook/Twitter will make sure you’re not spamming your audience. Use good imagery and vary your channels and posts, as to not compromise your organic reach.
- Make your contest shareable: set up your contest to allow fans to get extra entries by sharing. Contests that do this get 400% more entries.
- Let your fans pick their preferred social network: if you’re not specifically looking to grow one of your socials — let your fans enter - by their preference.
- Email the fans who entered your last contest: ask them to share too!
- Partner: reach a larger audience by teaming up with blogs, other artists or sponsors. Get in touch with us if you need help here.
- Geo-target your social media posts and emails!
- Be cheap: make sure your prize is cool. If you don’t have a Porsche to give away, a video call or a meet ‘n’ greet are (almost) just as cool!
- Push localized prizes to your entire audience: your German fans don’t care that you’re giving away tickets to your show in New York.
As always, we’d love to hear your feedback — shoot us an email!